GIS Portfolio

After completing this GIS Internship course, I'll have one more course in order to complete my certification this summer. It's a great time to setup a portfolio to best showcase what I've learned and accomplished during this program and hopefully receive feedback from peers. It was a very daunting assignment when starting out. It required going back through my student blog to review which assignments I felt strongly about the most.

I wound up testing different formats, menu order, and ways to implement numerous map assignments. Alas, my current final GIS portfolio can be found at http://julieta-gis.net/
I decided to go with the digital option due to the amount of content and also because I wanted a chance to refresh my website making and modifying skills. A great benefit to using a site is that you can continue to add any sort of content in your portfolio section.

This turned out to be a great assignment. Whether a peer made a paper or digital portfolio, this is something we can easily link to a job application or LinkedIn profile for recruiters to review. Along with the ESRI virtual courses required for this course, working on the portfolio was a good review of all the new skills gained through this certification. It has NOT been a cake walk, but I can honestly say it has been challenging and rewarding.

Last but not least, here is my portfolio presentation.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Module 6- Proportional Bivariate

Module 4- Color Choropleth

GIS5100 Week10: Final Project